Visit Michael S. Roessler DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentistry for your dental care, and you’ll receive the most relaxing treatment imaginable! One of the reasons you’ll love your experience here is that we offer Mundelein sedation options to keep you completely comfortable. You can count on Dr. Roessler and our team to:Doctor Roessler on Relieving Dental Anxiety and Sedation Options Read Transcript
For those patients who have a lot of dental anxiety, we can work that in one of two ways. We offer ... here at our office, which is purely just something, an air that they breathe that relaxes them. Some people refer to it as laughing gas, though I don't really have a lot of people that start laughing when they're on the..., but it does relieve the anxiety and just calms them. For those patients who are really, really anxious, I can offer them a relaxation, a pill that they can take that will relieve some of their anxiety.
They will have to have somebody come and drive them to the office and take them home. This is a way for them to just be, to be more relaxed, you know, in the chair. On top of the sedation options that we just talked about, we do offer blankets for patients who get cold, as well as, you know, music. We generally have them try to bring their own music if they like that, although we do have music here, you know, that they can listen to. So those are two of our other options that are available to relieve some dental anxiety.
- Administer sedation effectively and accurately
- Listen intently to your needs and concerns
- Give you the answers you need to make wise dental decisions
- Treat you with the utmost respect and courtesy at all times
Call us today at 847-652-9147 to get the care your smile needs! You’ll find our office on North Prospect Avenue, between East Maple Avenue and East Hawley Street. We happily serve residents in Libertyville, Lake Forest, and many other Lake County communities.
Calm Anxious Nerves With Sedation
One of the best aspects of modern dentistry is sedation. In the hands of experts – such as you’ll find at Michael S. Roessler DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentistry – sedation allows anxious patients to relax in the dental chair and even enjoy their treatment. Dental sedation is also very effective at making an extended procedure, or series of procedures, seem to pass quickly for the patient.
We offer you two great sedation methods, and we’ll help you decide which one will work best for your situation:
- Inhaled Sedation – This is our mildest form of sedation. Using a comfortable mask, you’ll breathe in sweet-smelling laughing gas. In a matter of minutes, you’ll begin to feel euphoric and calm, maybe even a little giddy. We’ll carefully monitor you to ensure you’re getting the proper amount of sedative during your procedure. When we remove the laughing gas and provide you with oxygen, you’ll return to your old self quickly. You’ll be able to drive yourself home without any problem.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For a deeper level of sedation, Dr. Roessler will write you a prescription for a small, FDA-approved pill. You’ll take it as directed ahead of your appointment, and by the time you’re settled into the chair, you’ll feel fully relaxed and calm. You may not remember much if anything about your visit afterward. The pill will take a few hours to wear off, so you’ll need a trusted friend or family member to make sure you get home safely.
Trust our Mundelein sedation options when you need relaxing dental care! Call us today at 847-652-9147 to schedule your next visit.