The only thing that our open dentist office in Mundelein needs is your smile! We’re here to keep you safe, so be sure to read the letter below regarding the measures we are taking to protect patients and our staff, then call Michael S. Roessler DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentistry at 847-652-9147 to request a visit to our dentist’s office in Mundelein, IL.
Dear Patients, Family and Friends,
Emotions are high right now as our staff, doctors and patients try to navigate not only work but also new challenges in their personal lives during the COVID- 19 pandemic. This one is uniquely different because everything is happening immediately-offices are forced to close and you’re dealing with homeschooling, grocery shopping, and health concerns.
While things are certainly not “business as usual, we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we help, and we are always here to help you. Here is just a small list of things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office:
- Most importantly, we reviewed every protocol, method and material we used to ensure that we are absolute state-of-the-art in our sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. We reviewed every solution, piece of equipment and instrument we use so we could say with confidence to our patients that your safety is our #1 priority.. Simply, when it comes to safety, no expense is too great.
- We do weekly testing on our autoclave sterilizer with the State to ensure that our patients have sterile instruments. Water lines have filters that disinfect all the water used on all of our patients.
- We are using Cavicide throughout our office after every patient . It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. Cavicide has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E.Coli, MRSA, Staph,Listeria, Human Coronovirus, TB, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- We are measuring the body temperature of all of our patients as they enter our office to screen for fevers as well as staff on a daily basis.
- We are having all of our patients wash their hands with soap and rinsing out their mouth with hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds to decrease the amount of oral bacteria and viruses. We will do this for staff on a daily basis as well.
- Staff will be wearing their regular clothes to the office and change into their working scrubs upon entering the office, so there is no transmission of anything from the outside world into our office and vice versa.
- Everything that can be bought as a disposable, we are buying. Pens, papers, and “ one time use” items are being purchased and used.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items, magazines, books etc. to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- We have installed plastic sheeting to protect every patient at the front desk from infection.
- As always, we use high speed evacuation that decreases the amount of airborne aerosols, wear gloves, masks and face shields for your as well as our protection.
- We will be limiting our operations: only one patient will be able to enter the office at a time. Limited staff and one patient at a time allows for social distancing, as well as complete disinfection of the treatment rooms between procedures. Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the EPA and CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization to disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Before your appointment, you will be asked a few health questions and when you arrive, we ask that you call us and wait in your car until we come and get you. Any additional people who are with you should wait in your car for the duration of your appointment. This will allow us to ensure the office is cleaned and ready in between each patient.
This highest level of service is just one of the ways that we are supporting our community, and it is included in the excellent work that we do.. we go through a comprehensive disinfection after every patient is cared for.
Due to the backlog of patients from rescheduling during the last 6 weeks,and entire month of May, those patients who have not rescheduled their appointments may be offered fewer options. High demand times and Saturdays may result in several weeks if not months waiting time. If you missed an appointment during this difficult time, and had not rescheduled, we suggest that you reschedule as soon as possible to prevent any oral disease progression.
When we get to the point of being up and running and not just seeing emergencies, we will be adding extra office hours to accommodate all our valuable patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient and our staff safe in our practice. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 847-652-9147.
Thank you for being a patient in our dental practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Michael Roessler DDS